The Loci-Stream software is strictly a solver, so it does not include a grid generator. There are several excellent commercial grid generation packages available.
Commercial Grid Generators
The commercial grid generators often export to many commonly used mesh formats. Loci-Stream can use grids that are in the following formats: cgns, ugrid, plot3d, fluent, ccm. From a user perspective, the cgns and ugrid formats are used commonly by Loci-Stream users.
Free options for grid generation also exist, and a few options are shown below.
Free/Open Source Grid Generators
A popular method to generate meshes is to:
- Use a CAD program to generate geometry
- Export to IGES format
- Import IGES file to SolidMesh
- Mark boundaries using SolidMesh
- Create surface mesh on geometry using SolidMesh
- Take surface mesh and generate volume mesh using AFLR3D