Loci-Stream Windows Installation
*Currently only Windows 10 Professional or Educational supports the Docker build that is used to run Loci-Stream on the Windows operating system*
Installing Docker for Windows
Windows 10 users should first follow the instructions to download and install Docker for Windows. If you get a message that Docker cannot run because you are not in the docker-group, please restart your computer. This usually will resolve the issue that generates the error.
Installing Loci-Stream with Docker
Contact us to receive the official Docker image distributable for Loci-Stream. This will be an archive file of a directory that contains the Loci-Stream Docker image as well as two Windows batch files that will install the image and run it.
- Unzip the file that you have downloaded to a location where you would like to store the build of Loci-Stream
- Go to the search bar in windows and type 'Command Prompt' & select the command prompt app.
- Navigate to where you unzipped the installation directory using standard Windows terminal commands.
- dir-> lists the contents of the current directory
- cd -> shows the current location in the directory structure when not given any paths
- cd <path> -> changes directory to the listed path
- Use the command 'docker load < [locistream.tar] ' to load the Loci-Stream image. Use the actual name of the .tar file in the directory and don't include the .
- In the same terminal window type the name of the install script and press enter.
- Finally type the name of the start script and press enter. If the terminal hangs e.g. nothing seems to happen, just press enter twice.